Huge Log Files

Hey Everyone,

I've got a problem: I'm running woody, and recently (in the last week or so)
two of the files in /var/log have become so large that KDE can't start, and
I'm unable to run some other applications. The two files that are 200 MB
each? kern.log and syslog. What could be making these two files so big? And
what could make them grow so quickly in the space of two days? And of course,
what can I do about it?

Thanks for the help!

Russell

PS If there's any other info that's necessary, just let me know...