ibook2 not reading Debian PPC disk

Hello all,

For some reason I can't get any Debian PPC disks to work on my new iBook (DVD/
CDRW). MacOS does NOT recognize the disk, neither does OF (in OF I did a
"dir cd:\" - returned "Cannot open DIR device"). When I try to boot using:

boot cd:,install\powermac\yaboot

I get a badPtr error. I've burnt three ISOs, two d/l off of
linuxiso.org (debian-2.2r3-ppc-1.iso) and the third was an iso I made myself
off our local mirror. All had the same effect.

The disks are readable elsewhere, such as on my Debian desktop. I've tried
simply reading other disks and that worked just fine. It's only the PPC disks.

Has anyone seen this before? Any helpful thoughts are appreciated.

--
Brendon Colby
Systems Administrator