Xemacs getting unstable?

Has anyone else noticed that the versions of xemacs in testing and
unstable seem to be getting more and more unstable?

The problem I'm seeing is that xemacs will stop responding, and top shows
it eating all available CPU time.  I first noticed this about a month ago,
while using the version of xemacs that was in testing at the time, so I
updated to unstable, and since then have gone through several version in
unstable, with problem just seeming to get more frequent.  Sometimes after
I kill a runaway xemacs process, xemacs will no longer run, and I have to
reinstall it.

Anybody else seen these symptoms?

-raf