Re: New with PPC soon...

Derrik Pates wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Steven Hanley wrote:

after that the airport card works both in managed mode and ibss happily, you
should have the wireless-tools installed also (packaged in testing and
unstable, the unstable deb compiles on potato with a little bit of effort if
need be) hwoever even without them the card can be used in managed mode (ie
with an airport or other access point nearby) fine.

I've found that I need to rebuild the wireless-tools deb against a 2.4.x
kernel - the default package segfaults most of the way through
getting/setting wireless parameters (I'm betting on a data-structure
change).

This is fixed in the current wireless-tools in sid.