Re: New with PPC soon...

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Steven Hanley wrote:

> after that the airport card works both in managed mode and ibss happily, you
> should have the wireless-tools installed also (packaged in testing and
> unstable, the unstable deb compiles on potato with a little bit of effort if
> need be) hwoever even without them the card can be used in managed mode (ie
> with an airport or other access point nearby) fine.

I've found that I need to rebuild the wireless-tools deb against a 2.4.x
kernel - the default package segfaults most of the way through
getting/setting wireless parameters (I'm betting on a data-structure
change).

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN