Re: Choosing which 2.4 kernel tree to use for OldWorld

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 01:21:29PM -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> I'd appreciate it if people would try the kernel-image-2.4.8-powerpc
> packages I've uploaded.

I upgraded my TiBook to plain 2.4.8 this weekend.  Seems to run fine with
some exceptions(*).  Sleep still doesn't work, but at least it stopped
going into coma.  Instead of sleeping and never waking up again when I
close the lid (okay, I haven't tried the Kiss Of Life) it now just continues
running--which is a lot more convenient for me.

In case it doesn't get said enough: thanks to those who made it possible!

(*) I'm not sure if the kernel is the culprit, but my wvdial stopped
working.  IIRC the error was a missing symbol __dso_handle or somesuch
while loading.

Jeroen