Re: lazy saturday notebook comparo (long)

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
On 19 Aug 2001 10:19:48 -0700, Jeff Baker wrote:

anyway the real cinch for me with the tibook is the battery life.  i don't
think any intel laptop can touch it, even with two heavy batteries
installed.

you're right about the ibook2, it rocks.

So, I guess one can use one battery at once on the ibook2 and tibook,
right? I really love the 8-9 hour battery life of my Pismo with 2
batteries installed, it goes a full work day which is pretty amazing..
Although I think the batteries are getting a bit old, the time has
dropped a bit. But it is still impressive - makes sitting outside with
wavelan much more fun when you dont need to stare at the battery meter
all the time..

Maybe you should use battstat which works fine on my iBook, and can popup a dialog when the battery is under a certain level.
Not yet packaged for debian, but pretty easy to install:

hadess.net/files/ppc/libapm4pmu-0.3.tar.gz for the libapm
and battstat.sf.net for the sources

Cheers