Re: second scsi disk in 7200/120

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 08:11:40AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> They most certainly have the same ID, because there is a standard SCSI id
> for the internal drives in macs.  Probably the jumpers don't have a diagram
> (I've seen few that do), but you can just move a couple of them at random,
> and that will change the ID, and unless it changes it to be the same as the
> CD drive, you should be fine.  Also, the original ID is pretty low, so as
> long as you change the ID on the new drive, your original drive should show
> up as sda.

All Macs I've worked with have the internal drive set to SCSI 0, also the CD
is almost always 3. So pick a jumper combination which isn't

open-open-open or open-close-close or close-close-open

(depending on which way you're looking at the jumpers...)

A good one that uses only one jumper might be open-close-open (scsi 2).

btw, many Mac drives have thumbwheels rather than jumpers...

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |