Re: wireless lan config

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A little bit off-topic, but I guess a number of people would be interested.
>
> I'm getting quite bored having to type iwconfig parameters everytime I
> reboot one of my wireless connected machines, and although a script
> could do the trick, I was interested in the debian way of doing.
>
> I have the /etc/network/interfaces with my eth1 (airport card)
> configured (IP config is correctly restored on boot). What are the
> options to this file to set ESSID, NICK and MODE for my station ? Or is
> there another file that does take care of this ?

In /etc/modutils/airport, I have:

post-install airport /etc/network/airport-config

In /etc/network/airport-config, I have:

ifconfig eth0 up
iwconfig eth0 rate auto
iwconfig eth0 essid any

And of course in /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Change yours to eth1, then run 'update-modules' as root.  You may find
'man update-modules' and 'man modules.conf' informative.

Regards,
Jeffrey