Bootable cdrom powerpc? (no floppy)

Hello!

I've been running debian on my pc for several years now and i like it a lot. I recently got a macintosh powebook g3 laptop and
now im exited to run debian on it! However.. it doesnt have a floppy drive and no os installed. I tried the linuxppc distribution (the have bootable cd-images, (using yaboot)).. but the install program doesnt work.. well, never mind that,  its debian i want!
I downloaded the debian power pc iso, but i cant boot from it.. so my question is: how can i make a bootable cd-rom for powerpc? i have access to a cd-writer in debian (windows can also be arranged).. any ideas or links to this topic?

thanks
/tripz