Re: Is it possible to burn MacOS bootable CD's on Linux

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 07:26:43AM -0500, Vinai wrote:

> Toast _CAN_ be used to make a CD from the images.  I used Toast (a 4.x
> version) to burn CD's from the debian images available at
> www.linuxiso.org.  I don't use burning software under linux, so I know
> for sure I used Toast.  What I ended up doing was burning these as disc
> images.  I can't remember for sure now, but I don't think I touched the
> option where it asked if I wanted to make a CD bootable or not, and I
> did _NOT_ mount the images at all.  And all of the CD's work fine on my
> Lombard, including a bootable CD #1.

yes so long as you use the debian CD images (which are created under
*nix with mkhybrid) and do NOT let macos, or toast
mount/modify/destroy them in any way they will work.

other then that no go.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/