Re: glibc 2.2.3-9 on alpha/ppc

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 12:53:29AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > The glibc build rules doesn't correctly find the headers installed.
> > There are bugs filed on this, both on glibc and kernel-headers (for
> > providing too many) but I can't find the numbers because brainfood
> > is down.
>
> The glibc rules aren't responsible for "finding" anything. They are
> responsible for defining them. If ppc doesn't have 2.4 kernel headers,
> there's the bug, not in glibc.

As I told you on IRC, I don't think there's anything wrong with
depending on kernel-header-2.4 - IF that provide evaluates to something
sensible.  It doesn't.  I can just force it by keeping kernel-headers
for PPC installed on the build daemon; I'll do that after my next fight
with bitkeeper.  But I strongly dislike buildd-operator-voodoo hacks to
make dependencies work.