Re: Galeon History problem

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:22:28AM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've compiled and installed galeon 0.11.2 on my testing/unstable
> pismo. It has been working fine, but I have one HUGE complaint. The
> 'Go' menu behavior is completely screwed up. History works fine as
> long as I limit myself to using forward or back. If I hop backward
> using the go menu it seems to pop that item to the top of the history
> stack instead of scrolling history back to that point.
>
> So if I jump to item 6 in the go menu, and then hit 'back', instead of
> going to item 7, I'm back at item 0...
>
> This does not happen with mozilla 0.9.2 (or any others).

since when is mozilla 0.9.2 packaged?

> Before I go posting a Galeon bug, do others see this behavior as well?
> Is this some feature I just don't understand?

galeon is very sensitive to be run against the exact same mozilla
revision it was compiled against, since debian does not have mozilla
newwer then 0.9.1 the galeon packages are (or should be) compiled
against that version, thus you must run galeon with mozilla 0.9.1 not
0.9.2 installed.  doing otherwise may produce odd and unexpected
results (believe me ive seen it).

mozilla is not your ordinary shared library unfortunatly...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/