Re: not playing nicely

On Monday, 30 July 2001, at 11:22:58 (-0700), chamster wrote:
> Have you been able to boot off this CD on other Macs, preferably a similar
> model?

Oddly enough, I was able to boot this very machine several times and install
debian, etc... but then I got a new hard drive.  The Hard drive is fine,
I've installed debian on it, so I know it can be done.  Ever since I updated
OSX from the "update Software" System Preferece, it hasn't worked.  I'm
completely baffled.  On a side note, LinuxPPC still works (just tested it to
see if it would work).  I tend to want to put the blame on the kernel that
is distributed with potato (since that's the boot disks I'm using).  Are
there newer boot disks available?  Something perhaps with a 2.4.x kernel on
it?
    -James