Problems Farallon Fast Ether TX-10/100 (DEC 21143)

I recently installed Debian 2.2 on my Powermac 4400, everything seems to
have installed fine, but my ethernet card (a Farallon Fast Ether
TX-10/100) won't work.

Linux recognizes and configures it, but the link light won't even turn
on.  Is this card supported?  Has anyone found a way to work around this
problem?

Here's what I know:
It uses a DEC 21143 chip
In NetBSD it uses the de driver
The link light never turns on in Linux, it doesn't turn on in MacOS
until the computer is fully booted.
I have a PowerMac 4400
I'm running the 2.2.19 kernel
lspci says: 00.0d.0 Ethernet controller: Digital Equipment Corporation
DECchip 21142/43 (rev 30)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.