Re: Help porting Hercules 2.12 to PowerPC

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:23:38AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Hercules 2.12 doesn't seem to build on powerpc due to its use of the 'sqrtl'
> function, which computes the square root of a long double.  This function is in
> libm on other architectures (though it doesn't appear to be documented), but is
> absent on powerpc.
>
> How should I work around this problem?

'long double' is the same as 'double' on PowerPC, so you can define
sqrtl() to be sqrt().  However, that brings up the question of whether
extended precision floating point is necessary for proper emulation.

> (Please CC, as I'm not on the list)

Uh... then why did you use Mail-Followup-To: to specifically _not_
do that?  =)

dave...