Re: benh 2.4.6 kernel

>>>>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:40:06 +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> said:

[ TiPB screen artifacts when sleeping with 2.4.6 kernel ]

b> It's a side effect of my tentative to save more power by shutting
b> down the DAC and LVDS transmittr. I'm trying to trace the MacOS
b> driver to figure out what it actually does.

b> Did you notice a loss in battery life during sleep ? I think the
b> problem is only visual.

        Okay, the power consumption during sleep has improved.
Without the latest changes, sleeping for 12 hours used up about 42% of
the battery.  With your latest kernel, it used up about 25%.  (I
haven't measured it on MacOS yet.)  Is that about what you would
expect?

        Thanks.

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net