Re: X problems on Potato 2.2v3 with grey G3

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 05:54:07PM +0100, Jan Vroonhof wrote:

> [Please CC me, I'm not subsribed. I am trying to follow using
> the archives]
>
> Am having a lot of trouble getting XFree to work reliably
> on a Grey G3 (with ATI rage card):
>
> When running in 8 bit the X server background is all white and the
> mouse cursor leaves ghost images around. [It actually looks more like
> the screen is b&w instead of 8 bit]
>
> In 32 bit mode the screen stays blank (something resembling an
> underline cursor sometimes appears)

I have the same machine , usually called "beige", with same symptoms.
Never could get it to work with X3. X4 works.

if you need an XF86Config-4 let me know.

> I get the following output from Xfbdev
>
> XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6300)
> Release Date: January 8 2000

<snip>

--
      *** Dr P's Book Knowledge, Hell's Bibliophiles, and ****
      *  somewhere over the rainbow, a 99% text-only website *