Re: debian: mozilla-0.9.1 not as good as mozilla-0.8.1

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 10:36:18PM -0700, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Very easy.  Just installed the Blackdown Java 1.3 JDK, and create a link
> to $JDK/jre/plugin/ppc/javaplugin.so from /usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.1/plugins
>
> Next time you fire up Mozilla, java will work.  I've had a few problems
> with Java in Moizlla, but overall its worked really well...

running potato on a pismo, using the 1.3 j2sdk (blackdown) and the mozilla
0.9.1 debs from ethan's directory on penguinppc.org, whenever I try to use
java mozilla simply crashes.

such as any of the applet demos in the jdk install.

dies after outputting the line "initializing the java plugin instantance" [sic]

claims to have registered all the plugins for java fine.

oh well I dont need it from mozilla or netscape so I dont much care, just kind
of weird it breaks like this.

        See You
            Steve

--