Q about filing a bug report

Hey Everyone,

I've been playing around in woody for a while now, and I ran into a strange
problem dealing with my cdrom device: I just went through a lot of
strangeness (and without the help of Phil Frost I'd still be out there) in
trying to figure out why my cdrom wouldn't work. It was because the
permissions weren't right. It was also because there was no link | device
called /dev/cdrom to start off with. I don't understand that.

Should I file a bug report about this? Or is this the correct "feature not
bug" behavior?

Russell