Re: benh 2.4.6 kernel

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (benh@kernel.crashing.org) said:
> Did you try without the USB mouse ? And also without compiling the
> USB OHCI driver in the kernel at all ?

Hmm, I have usb-ohci in my kernel... I have the same symptoms on my TiPB
as the others reported, so I figured I'd help debug.

> One thing we can try is:
[ snip instructions ]

did all of the above and got:

calling notifierusb-ohci.c:USB suspend: usb-01:18.0
usb-ohci.c: USB suspend: usb-01:19.0
giveup_altivec called on non-altivec process (cpu 0)
return notifier c0276984
calling notifier c0285f3c
return notifier c0285f3c
calling notifier c0286118
return notifier c0286118
calling notifier c027f8f0
return notifier c027f8f0
calling notifier c0280d8c
return notifier c0280d8c
calling notifier c0286098
return notifier c0286098
calling notifier c0276984
return notifier c0276984
calling notifier c0285f3c
return notifier c0285f3c
calling notifier c0286118
return notifier c0286118
calling notifier c027f8f0
return notifier c027f8f0
calling notifier c0280d8c
return notifier c0280d8c
cpu 0: vector: 300 at pc = c0007894, lr = c0007894, msr = b032, sp = c76d9d90 [c76d9ce0]
dar = 358, dsisr = 40000000
current = c76d8000, pid = 283, comm = pmud
0:mon>

The usb-ohci stuff looks like it overwrote some of the xmon output at
the top (the usb messages are in white, the xmon stuff is in more of an
off white).

I wasn't able to type anything at the xmon prompt... dunno if that's a
bug or a feature ;)

I put the System.map (bzip2'd) at
http://clustermonkey.org/~laz/System.map-2.4.6.bz2

The last "return notifier" line appears in the System map as:
c0280d8c D idepmac_sleep_notifier

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey