Re: Sharing Fiwerwire Disk with Digidesign ProTools and Debian.

>> Does anyone have experience with this?
>>
>> I plan to usa an external FireWire disk w. my G4 at home, as well as
>> in a studio.
>
>Won't currently work (with Linux). Firewire support on PPC is a pretty
>recent addition, and won't work with Apple hardware yet (or so Ethan
>claims).

It works, at least part of it, with my current rsync kernel.

I can mount an SBP2 disk, I even managed to root on an SBP2 disk
(with a hack I have in my kernel when you compile SBP2 built-in).

That code comes from the linux-ieee1394 CVS with some additions &
fixes from Daniel Berlin & Ira Weiny.

Ben.