Re: Using Display and VGA Port !?

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > > I haven't actually tried with 4.1.0 on Mach64 (can you give me a hint
> > > what to use in XF86Config?)
> >
> > Driver "ati" and the bus ID should do, at least it did for a guy with a
> > mach64 equipped iBook at Debian One.
>
> What I meant was hints on setting up mirror or a second display - I
> believe I mentioned already that driver "ati" and nothing else made the
> XFree 4.1 server work for me :-)

Oops. Have you tried Option "crt_screen"? I assume the atimisc options are
documented somewhere besides the code, but I must confess I don't know where -
I remember something about a README though.

Of course, this as well as sleep support would be better if the atimisc driver
supported fbdevHW. Let's hope I or anybody will manage to get generic fbdevHW
support for all drivers in for 4.2 or whenever.