Re: ata/100

On  28 Jun, this message from Noah John echoed through cyberspace:
> are there any ata/100 drivers available for debain on PPC?  also, are there
> any ata/100 drivers available anywhere for macos?  I'm planning on getting a
> pm9600 and putting an ATA controller card in it.  My question is, can i use
> Maxtor's ata/100 or am I limited to an ata/66?  I want to run macos and
> debian on the 9600...

Well, you have two basics directions: Buy something supported under
Macos, and hope it has a chipset supported under Linux (SCSI-emulation
solutions come to mind), or forget about Macos, and buy a PC-type card
that is supported under Lunux (Promise, others; no booting from this
card then)

I'm running myself under Linux with a Promise U/66; works great (but not
bootable and not useable under MacOS).

Michel

PS there used to be a Promise OEM that had MacOS drivers.. can't remeber
the name...

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |