Kernel

Ok, this was probably asked a thousand times, but I couldn´t find it in the June/2001 archive so I thought I better ask. I run a beige G3 with Debian, running the default 2.2r3 installation kernel (2.2.19). I am trying to compile, or install a kernel-image, a 2.4 kernel. The kernel-source available in unstable doesn´t compile. Anyone got directions (I tried penguinppc.org but couldn´t figure out where to download sources... doh).

Also, I do boot my machine with BootX. Is it even possible to boot 2.4 with BootX?

Thanks a lot

--
Ricardo