Re: new ibook?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 06:09:50PM -0400, John Hughes wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2001 02:29, Peter Meilstrup wrote:
> > Video -- it's a Rage Mobility 128 chip; I assume this is supported in the
> > latest Xfree86? Is there the ability to switch from the internal display
> > to the external (RGB/composite) connectors?
>
> Worked with 4.0....but I compiled 4.1 without a hitch. With 4.1 the ati128 is
> supported AND accelerated plus support for DRI.

So you tried it connecting an external monitor ?

As MacOs only support mirroring, but the chip seems to be the same rage 128
mobility as the one in the TiBook, it should be able to output a second head
also (altough it has only 8MB, right ?).

So did you try it in Xinerama mode ? Or simply with two screens in the X
layout section ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther