Re: iBook2 and Sound

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 06:17:45PM -0400, John Hughes wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2001 05:10, you wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:35:39PM -0400, John Hughes wrote:
> > > Anyone know if someone has gotten this working yet? Its quite funny, I've
> > > gotten the dvd player to work(of all things), yet I have no sound.
> >
> > Sound isn't supported.  What dvd player worked for you?  XF4.1.0+ogle
> > locks hard in the 1st transition.
>
> Of course sound isn't supported...its broken, thats why its not supported.
> But thats not forever. People out there are working on it....I was asking if
> anyone knew what its status was. Or even possibly start communicating with
> those people(whoever they are) and help out if I can.
>
> I am using oms/omi from livid. Its free. Its also not perfect as there is
> some blue tinting and kinda a funny verticle "lining" on screen. That being
> said, I didn't expect it to run at all, so I figure I am quite ahead of the
> game.
>
> xine compiled(and runs). but the libcss pluggin kept telling me xine didn't
> support ppc(obviously some miscomunication there =)). Unfortunately without
> the libCSS plugin xine hangs my ibook hard. Maybe with it too, but since I
> can't compile it....
>
> Tried ogle....but just after it stats drawing the gui to the screen it freaks
> out....then again, its just a supper alpha release, so my expectations
> weren't all that high. Potential though.

What about vlc ?

it even has an option to run right on the fbdev, altough it was not
working in the last debian package of it (it tried to open the X gui even if
you told it to output on the fbdev, which naturally don't work), but it should
be fixed in the next upload.

Naturally there is no acceleration (not yet anyway, am thinking of playing
with it) for fbdev. Xv works fine though, altough you need 4.0.2 or better for
it to work.

Friendly,

Sven Luther