Re: Problems installing on new iBook dual USB

>> > Software Restore CD have HD Setup. What does Apple use these days to
>> > partition drives? I want to Dual boot Mac OS and Linux and thought it
>> > would be better to create the new Mac OS partitions with an Apple
>> > tool.
>>
>> http://www.cfcl.com/~eryk/linux/pdisk/ is pretty much the same as the
>> 'mac-fdisk' built into the debian installer. There's no better partition
>> editor for the mac, on any OS.
>
> Not quite correct, Eryk's version is 0.8 while mac-fdisk is based on 0.4.
> Not sure what the differences are (other than he probably corrected the
> bug resulting in miscalculated device sizes a lot sooner).
>
>  Michael

I'm pretty sure he corrected bugs on handling of ATA (IDE) disks also, and
other refinements like going to a two-level command scheme (first choose/get
info on disks, then choose/get info on partitions for the chosen disk).

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |