distribution of 2.4.x source for PPC (Re: Install on UATA)

This is only speculation on my part but stable support for my UATA66 HPT366 controller was introduced with 2.4, I think the same would aply for your Acard controller.

About 2.4 kernel compilation on PPC I guess 2.4 source from kernel.org won't work you would need to patch it. I found patches against a number of 2.4.x kernels at <http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/cort/> anyone on the list have any experience with those ? Is there some more or less official source distribution directly compilable on ppc ?

regards, Dan