Re: Postgresql

Okay, with the latest advice I managed to compile and package postgresql. But
before I could that, I had to get more stuff (easily apt-able):
libreadline4-dev libperl-dev tk8.3-dev sharutils tcl8.3-dev
 Of course, now I can't install it. <sigh> dpkg -i tells me that there is a
conflict with libgpsql2 vs. libpgsql2.1_7.1.2-1_powerpc.deb...I can't apt-get
remove this, because other stuff depends on it...but then it allowed a remove
anyway the next time I tried, it even removed the thing that depended on it!

There's a script for upgrading from 6.5.x to 7.1.x but it failed, and now I
have to figure out how to manually get it working. The fun part is that I
don't haven anything in my database to migrate yet!

I actually do enjoy the challenge this brings. I'm still trying to convince
myself to read all about dpkg and apt to understand the inner workings of
debian....

Russell