Re: Problems installing on new iBook dual USB

http://penguinppc.org/usr/ybin/doc/mac-fdisk-basics.shtml

> I can't even see yet how to use pdisk on the Debian CD because it
> doesn't boot. When booting holding down the c key, all I get is a pure
> white screen. I've tried net booting too. While using bootp, I get an
> "Unknown DHCP Request (8)" in the server's logs and when using dhcpd,
> I get "DHCPInform from ..." in the logs. Either way the iBook just
> sits there with the little earth flashing in the middle of the
> screen.

are you using potato r3 CDs?

some macs use bootp and not dhcp for netboot.

http://penguinppc.org/usr/ybin/doc/netboot.shtml

> Anyone know of any "hacked for iBook" Debian CDs? Other leads? One
> idea is to install Yellow Dog Linux and then start the Debian install
> from the previous YDL installation. There must be an easier way.

potato r3 CDs will work fine on the ibook.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/