Re: Sound on G4 Cube

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 07:36:39PM +0300, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:59:34AM +0200, thus said thomas graichen:
> > Karl-Heinz Haag <kh@lux.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> > > *sound on/with G4 Cube*
> >
> > > How to configure?
> >
> > > Apples tech-information only tells:
> > > "Sound card 16-Bit -PCI- 44.1 KHz stereo"
> > > and
> > > "Audio Output -- Sound card -PCI- integrated"
> >
> > > Which hardware is this?
> > > Is kernel 2.2.19 sufficient?
> > > Which modules do I need to compile?
> > > Is there something special about the order to load these modules?
> >
> > it is usb audio - so you usually just have to make shure that
> > the audio.o module for usb audio is build and installed
>
> I tried the cube speakers on my Pismo with usb audio. I got a mixer device,
> apps could open the sound device and everything seemed fine, apart that
> there was no sound. Are the cube speakers known to work with Linux? They get
> recognized fine though but no matter what I do with a mixer program they
> dont seem to do anything. This is 2.4.5-pre3 from Ben's rsync, about 3 weeks
> old or so.

This is probably a stupid question to ask, but you are directing the sound
to the correct /dev/dsp device, right?  The USB audio is probably on the
second one.

--
Brian Hicks <hick0142@umn.edu> "Crush the lesser races!  Conquer the
PGP:  BCC1 8D1B 2332 4915 2A7A  galaxy! Incredible power, unlimited rice