Re: Did I produce a brick of my PPC8200?

Did you change the boot-command to the one mentioned in the nvsetenv
man page?  With the disk that I have, on my 7200, it often took
several tries before it would boot using quik off the hard drive
(let's say a success rate of 20%).  Strangely, having a floppy in
the drive increased the success rate to 90%.  The boot command was
only looking at the hard drive to boot from, so it wasn't booting
from the floppy or anything.  Voodoo for sure.  I've read others'
success stories on 7200s that were much easier and better than mine,
so I believe that some hard drives work a lot better than others.
In fact, my story is the worst I've heard.  Hopefully YMWV.