ldconfig woes

Lately, when I've been running apt-get upgrade, every once an a while I've
had to re-run a package or two, because ldconfig was acting funny.  This
wasn't much of a problem, so I pretty much ignored it.  Now I can rarely
ever get ldconfig to run without giving me an illegal instruction at all.

I'm running Sid, I re-installed libc6, that didn't work, tried to compile
it, at which point I was informed I'd need: kernel-headers-2.4, mig,
hurd-dev, gnumach-dev, texi2html, and gcc-3.0-sparc64

If anybody could tell me what's going on here, I'd be most appreciative.

--
Brian Hicks <hick0142@umn.edu> "Crush the lesser races!  Conquer the
PGP:  BCC1 8D1B 2332 4915 2A7A  galaxy! Incredible power, unlimited rice