Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)
- From: Rahul Jain <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:51:17 -0400
- Message-id: <20010531215117.A7052@rice.edu>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: Rahul Jain <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20010531152711.B4722@plato.local.lan>
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3B15617C.73EFF5CA@netfall.com> <20010530173909.S12505@mikef-linux.matchmail.com> <20010531160535.A818@wibble.net> <20010531085552.A30363@suse.de> <3B1623B0.A3138D3E@netfall.com> <20010531125454.A1035@rice.edu> <3B167FD0.C40CF8B3@netfall.com> <20010531145943.A2468@rice.edu> <20010531152711.B4722@plato.local.lan>
On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:27:11PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:59:43PM -0400, Rahul Jain wrote:
> > The PPC users only started complaining a week before that. (Good think, too,
> > since next week I start my job where I'll be playing with Linux 2.4 on an SMP
> > RS/6000. Unfortunately, IBM doesn't have debian as a supported distro...)
> that can be fixed, i think all that is required is boot-floppies
> support, please help boot floppies, give us info, send patches, test,
I don't know if it's an issue of debian not supporting IBM or IBM not
supporting debian. For all I know, debian's installer could work find on the
box I'll be testing, but unless IBM gives the `thumbs up' to debian, it's not
an option as far as my boss is concerned.
> even a small start would be helping me get better RS/6000 support in
> ybin, since the boot-floppies completely rely on ybin to make
> yaboot systems bootable.
> if you don't have a RS/6000 and have some coding exp or know how to
> test EXPERIMENTAL BROKEN CODE then testing boot-floppies is a help
> too. (emphisis on broken because current boot-floppies code is broken
> and not ready for normal users/installs).
I can probably help with this _if_ IBM decides to list debian as a supported
> anyway if im being subtle boot-floppies always need more help thats
> half the reason releases take so long. (its why freezing has not
> started yet).
yeah, I know this from trying to help Zoltan Kraus get XFS into the
boot-floppies. Either no one knows about boot-floppies, or those that do know
how messed up it is and don't want to try helping. ;)
-> -/- - Rahul Jain - -\- <-
-> -\- http://linux.rice.edu/~rahul -=- mailto:email@example.com -/- <-
-> -/- "I never could get the hang of Thursdays." - HHGTTG by DNA -\- <-
(c)1996-2000, All rights reserved. Disclaimer available upon request.