Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 09:51:17PM -0400, Rahul Jain wrote:

> I don't know if it's an issue of debian not supporting IBM or IBM not
> supporting debian. For all I know, debian's installer could work find on the
> box I'll be testing, but unless IBM gives the `thumbs up' to debian, it's not
> an option as far as my boss is concerned.

ah i see, PHB syndrome...

> I can probably help with this _if_ IBM decides to list debian as a supported
> distro.

come on, everyones doing it! look at hp dude!

;-)

> yeah, I know this from trying to help Zoltan Kraus get XFS into the
> boot-floppies. Either no one knows about boot-floppies, or those that do know
> how messed up it is and don't want to try helping. ;)

it does require a certain level of masochism...  but it can be done, i
just got `Make system bootable' working on newworlds with the new ybin ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/