Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)

Hi,

> even a small start would be helping me get better RS/6000 support in
> ybin, since the boot-floppies completely rely on ybin to make
> yaboot systems bootable.

I have debian running on a number of RS6000s. Ignoring the install,
all that is required (on POWER3 machines) is to fix libc to understand
the large cacheline size. At the moment I am unpacking the deb, binary
editing it and repacking it (a trick paulus showed me). Longer term
Benh has patches to export the cacheline size from the kernel to libc
which will fix the problem.

Hopefully we can get something into the boot-floppies libc to handle
this (alternatively just get rid of the dcbf in memset(, 0, 0))

Anton