Re: pismo keymap

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 10:14:18PM -0500, Brian Hicks wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 09:07:08PM -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> > It's probably not a keymap issue. At least it wasn't for me. You have
> > to press the keys in the proper order and use the 'Fn' key to activate
> > the Function keys.
> >
> > To switch from X to VC: Hold down apple (command), the press and hold
> > down 'Ctrl' (control), then press and hold down 'Fn', then press the
> > Function key (F1-F6).
> >
> > To switch from X to VC: Hold down command (apple), then press and hold
> > down 'Fn', then press the Function key (F7 depending on which VC X is
> > on).
>
> Thanks, that did help.  For some reason, I was expecting to use the
> alt/option key instead.  I had tried holding down random keys in the
> lower-left corner, but that only gets you so far.

It depends which keycodes you are using, on my pismo I am using the x86 key
codes, so the alt key is what I use, back when I had mac keycodes I had to use
command.

this is the hid stuff that is on this list a lot, anyway the order matters and
it depends which keycodes you use as to whch keys you hit.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/