Re: xfree86 and mouse

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:56:08PM +0200, morten wrote:
> hi again
>
> Now I have it working ... my first debian system on my first powermac - seen
> this way it really is to invite problems.
>
> I have installed task-x-window-system and I run X, but it complains that it
> cannot open the mouse. In XF86conf it is set to busmouse on /dev/mouse. This is
> apparently not correct - any suggestions.

rtfla

X11: protocol=IMPS/2
gpm: protocol=ps2

$ ls -l /dev/mouse
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 Dec 11 05:10 /dev/mouse -> input/mice

> also (not a ppc question) the runlevels seems to be a little differents than
> what I am used to (RH). In /etc/inittab there is a default runlevel which I
> think should be 5, but even in runlevel 2 it tries to start the X-server.
> Which one should it be?

debian does not decide for you how you configure your runlevels, by
default runlevels 2-5 are exactly the same.  don't want X at boot?
apt-get remove xdm kdm wdm gdm

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/