Re: getting the gnome

Hello!

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 05:44:15PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> Georg Koss wrote:
>
> > I'd like to get the gnome with woody. If I try with dselect I can't find the
> > task-gnome stuff. So how to do?
>
> apt-cache search task-gnome
There was no answer

> apt-get install task-gnome-desktop (at least)
gave:
Package task-gnome has no available version, but exists in the database. This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of sources.list
E: Package sources list has no installation candidate.

I have choosen woody sith main, contrib and non-free.
In the past I had problems to get the gnome because of not resolving dependencies when using dselect. In between I had KDE2, which I removed after sending the last mail. I can't get it back.
On sunday when trying this I had to do (?) an automatic (I'm relatively new to linux) upgrade which included dpkg - so might that be the problem - where shall I start troubleshooting? Would it be a possibility to switch back to potato's apt, dpkg and dselect?
Thanks for any help

--
mfg

Georg Koss