Re: mozilla packages updated

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 04:12:42PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > i also added blizzards gtkmozarea patch which should fix the segfaults
> > in galeon when closing tabs.  (or anything using tabs...)
>
> Speaking of galeon, where can I get it from? Don't see it in the main archive
> nor with your mozilla debs.

galeon is not packaged for debian since it depends on mozilla which is
also not packaged for debian. [1]

[1] mozilla M18 != mozilla for all intents and purposes this day and age.

there are various unoffcial galeon packages but i make it a policy not
to use unofficial packages unless they are made by real debian
developers who would upload to debian if not for some showstopper
issue that prevents it (in this case inability to satifiy
dependencies).

in any event galeon unlike mozilla builds from source and make
installs into /usr/local very politely and correctly.  make uninstall
also nicely removes it.  ./configure && make && su -c 'make install

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/