Interesting "Problem"

Hey Everyone,

I'm playing with the date command, trying to understand why it doesn't
pick up the current time/date from ntpdate/ntpd...anyway, when I
manually set the date, using the command "date -s 8:22" (or whatever the
time is) my screen resolution changes! I'm in enlightenment, using a
Voodoo3 card, with a pre-compiled 2.2.18 kernel.

I didn't think it was possible to change the resolution when you're in
an X environment. I don't exactly know what the resolution is that I'm
in to begin with, unfortunately, though I believe it's 1024x768. Is
there a way to tell what the current resolution is? That way I can
compare the resolutions when they change. Also, is there a way to change
the resolution in an "official" way, i.e., with a command that is
supposed to do that?

Thanks!

Russell