RS/6000 won't boot

Using yaboot/ybin 1.1 I cannot get my rs/6000 to boot from anything other
than the rescue floppy.

ybin reports success on installing yaboot.  I don't know else I could be
missing here.  I guess my yaboot.conf could be wrong but I don't know what
kind of results I would see if this were the case.  The box just keeps
going through the boot options onto BOOTP.  I think I would see some
errors. mkofboot seems to work....

My best guess right now is that I can't get the box to recognized
/dev/sda1 as a bootable device.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks,

Phil