Re: basic installation on 7200/75 (still)

>> I'm installaing on a powerpc 7200/75
>> I'm installing debian potato using a network installation
>> I install everything and just before rebooting I do...
>>
>> # ofpath
>> /bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:
>>
>> I change /target/etc/quik.conf to include the line
>> image=/boot/vmlinux-2.2.19
>>
>> # mount -t proc proc /taget/proc
>> # chroot /target /sbin/quik -fv
>> which tells me it installs quik on /dev/sda2
>>
>> #ntsetenv boot-device /bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:0
>>
>> after which I reboot.
>> It gives me the startup-sound *twice*
which I now know means that it has detected a change in the nvram, which is ok.

> I've installed potato on a 7200/75, and you've made it past the hard
> part.  I would suggest reading the entire man page for nvsetenv
> because there are additional changes to the nvram that might solve
> your problem, including a different boot-command.
do you have a link to the man pages?

I did
# nvsetenv boot-command
boot
# nvsetenv boot-device
/bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:0
# nvsetenv boot-file
<nothing ..>
# nvsetenv input-device
ttya
# nvsetenv output-device
ttysa

To me it looks like I lack something in the boot-file entry.
I also tried the
# nvsetenv boot-command "begin ['] boot catch 1000 ms cr again"
from the script attached to one the emails, but the result was the same.

does anyone see the light?
morten
E-Mail: morten <mobo@mailme.dk>
Date: 22-May-2001
Time: 18:38:22

Currently working hard for the LAI at INSA-lyon