Re: Woody Impressions

Steven Hanley wrote:

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 11:37:14AM +0100, Nick Bailey wrote:

The only reason I'm keeping netscape at all is that smile, the internet bank,
won't accept connections from it, throwing up a page (not an error dialogue, a
page) saying I can't use this browser.  I don't know what's wrong with these
people: other banks' stuff works fine!

find a way to hack konqueruer so that it sends a different browser infor thing
back to the server on connection, make it claim to be netscape or iexp or
some such (try to match it up with the main stream browser that has the most
similar java script version if the site ueses java script), you can probably
add a hack so it only does this on the one single web site or something. I
would suggest a proxy inbetween except that of course wont work inside ssl so
you have to do it in the browser somehow.

No need for a hack, that's been a Konqueror feature for as long as I've known it. :)