Problems with the mouse

Hello everybody. I am just starting to use linux in
PowerPC G3 (Old World one) and althought the installation
was sucessfull I am having some problems with X. In this
moment the graphic interface opens ( I select
Enlightement) but I can do nothing because the mouse is
not responding. I suppose there is some problem with the
configuration. I check the dev directory and the mouse is
pointing to  gpmdata. Is this O.K. or I have to change it
in order to use the mouse?

thanks

Joao Carlos Marcos