Re: some problems on recent installation(sid)

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 05:21:23PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Next and last, is there no netscape in Debian/PowerPC?

there is, but its old.  4.60 (or so) in potato and
4.70 in unstable. i think

suffice it to say netscape 4 for powerpc is old and full of many
security holes. its time to move on and install mozilla, 0.9 is quite
usable (more so if you use galeon instead of mozilla directly).

> I heard that a distribution based on RedHat has netscape
> for PowerPC.

they have the same as debian does, old insecure buggy packages.
netscape will not build current releases for powerpc.  since
netscape is 100% proprietary nobody can change that except netscape.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/