some problems on recent installation(sid)

Hi all,

I installed Debian/PowerPC recently and found some problems,
but now I have not enough time to investigate if they are bugs
or not, so I report them to the list first.

First, it seems dpkg-divert left several *dpkg-devert.tmp
(not *dpkg-divert.tmp!).  This should be wrong.
dpkg is of 1.9.4.

Second, I installed kernel-image-2.4.4 (2.4.4-1) but it failed
to boot so I removed it, but it left a link of /vmlinux to
/boot/vmlinux-2.4.4 which did not exist anymore (/boot/vmlinux-2.4.4
was removed as expected) if I remembered correctly.
This might be wrong in two ways.

kernel-image-2.4.4 is wrong because it failed to boot on my
PowerMac 8500 and also perhaps kernel-package might be wrong
because it left wrong link after removal if kernel-image was built
with kerne-package.
(FYI, kernel-image-2.2.19 has many variants depending on prep
and so on but kernel-image-2.4.4 does not!?)

Next and last, is there no netscape in Debian/PowerPC?
I heard that a distribution based on RedHat has netscape
for PowerPC.

I am verry sorry that some of the above are of only PowerPC
but perhaps others are generic and also I did not check thoughly
if they were filed to BTS or not so if they were already filed
verry sorry again.

Best Regards,			2001.5.17

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.