Re: I sometimes lose 'q' key in profit of 'a' using mac-fr3 keymap...

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 03:29:17PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> franck routier wrote:
>
> > rem : Switching to linux keycodes dinamically by setting
> > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
> > doesn't work. (I think it's because the ckeymap is loaded very early in the
> > boot process)
>
> You have to unlock the keycodes first. Snippet from my /etc/sysctl.conf:
>
> dev/mac_hid/keyboard_lock_keycodes = 0
> dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1
> dev/mac_hid/keyboard_lock_keycodes = 1

i just compiled my kernel with CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=n and i get
linux keycodes full time without tweaking sysctl.

control-alt-delete and alt-uparrow (init keyboard request) now all
work correctly.

now if only i could find out how to bind a key to the emacs Meta like
in X...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/