Re: Printing info or man pages

On Wednesday 02 May 2001 13:42, Leyah Cynamon wrote:
> Hi and thanks for help enabling access to my hfs partition. Works fine
> now!
>
> while trying to learn my way around Gnu/Linux, it would really be nice
> if it would be possible to have hardcopy printout of some of the info or
> man pages handy.
>
> what are my options with my mac?  what printers are supported?
>
> My personal laserwriter ntr (which is a postscript capable printer) runs
> via appletalk and is hooked up to, among other computers, my 7600/G3
> running Debian GNU/Linux or Mac OS 9.0.4

If you mean "localtalk" rather than "appletalk" (if your printer uses the
localtalk serial interface and the little dongle for connecting to
telephone-type wire) then you can probably only use your printer with Linux
by buying an Ethernet to Localtalk bridge.  I use an AsanteTalk bridge for
connecting to a HP LaserJet 5MP and it works fine.  The printer connects to
the Localtalk side of the bridge, the bridge connects to an Ethernet hub, the
hub connects to...

I paid about $100 for the AsanteTalk bridge.  As a side benefit I can now
connect old Macs, that have localtalk but not ethernet, to my network for
updating and backup.

--
   Garry Roseman
   Memphis, TN